💌 My Mother I Call Her Ammi Jaan Is Fighting For Life! 💌

Just a pre-warning. This post is going to be very depressing and emotional.
My mother has been diagnosed with hepatitis C for 16 years, she is going through with Hepatic Encephalopathy (is the occurrence of confusion, altered level of consciousness and coma because of liver failure. In advanced stages, it is call hepatic coma; it may ultimately lead to death)
Thirty percent of patients dying of hepatitis C will experience Hepatic Encephalopathy.
As some of you might know I live in UK and my parents live in Pakistan, they have visited several times here.
My blessed and wonderful mother has been through so much in her life, passed two years she been struggling to walk on her own that it is a wonder she is still alive Alhumdulillah. She's already depressed from all she'd been through still when she's awakened from a deep sleep )': she says I am all right with a smile.
At 11:20 pm my father phoned from Pakistan I missed his call, he left a message on the answering machine, "day before your mother was not feeling well we decided to take her to the hospital. Doctor suggested to keep her in for couple of days. He gave her injection and some medicines, she was feeling better. However, few hours later she was struggling to breath, her blood pressure went down to 20 she couldn't open her eyes. Doctor said she is critical but we are trying our best. You do your best to keep her in your prayers."

I quickly phoned back so I can talk to her. My dad put the phone close to her ear I said with my trembling voice, as-salamu alaykum "the peace be upon you" Ammi ji! I couldn't hear her. I said it again, app kaisy hain Ammi ji? (how are you) Before I could hear her my dad took the phone away and said she got tears in her eyes but struggling to breath so can not say anything. Don't cry and pray for her, doctors are trying their best.

I do not have friends, the ones I used to have are busy in their life. I have a small family around however they are also busy in their work. I live alone at home. My husband and father in law goes to work. I have one waiting phone call and that's my mothers. When she calls, we talk for hours. Not to hear her voice back it was very painful for me. My husband said keep your head up and pray! Pray is the best medicine for her at this moment.

Every tick on a clock, felt like a billion years for me. I wanted to be with her so badly and I could fly but Pakistan NHS is not free, could really use this money for her medications or for food? That's all my mind was telling me. I talked with my brothers and sister in laws and they said, have faith and keep praying. Do not worry we are all here for her everything will be okay. However, deep down you know it that nothing can replace a daughter and a mother's bonding.

I know some of you might think it's stupid to blog when you are going through hard time but I know it will make me a little less depressed if I share my feelings. I don't know or may be? I called several times and my daddy finally said that Ammi ji opened her eyes with a little smile on her face. She is still in the hospital doctors are trying their fully best to keep her healthy. I cannot wait to hear her voice! The feeling I have words cannot take it just want to say a little bit more...

If you are with your mother run towards her, hug her tight and say thank you. Show her how much she means to you tell her how much you love her. Appreciate her for everything she did for you. You do not know how lucky you are. You do not know what she been through' only for you. You do not know how many times she sacrifices her feelings' only for you. Always put a smile on your face when you see her. Always keep your tone polite towards her. Do you remember your mothers face when you were little? That smile towards you, that politeness towards you. Do you remember your first ache? How she spend her endless nights only for you. I can go on and on but you know it all, you know what needs to be done so don't wait for the right timing, just do It.
And PLEASE keep my mother my Ammi Jaan in your prayers ❤️
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. AMAZING MADE ME CRY A LOT LOVE IT AND THANK YOU FOR REMINDING EVERYONE THAT MOTHERS ARE THE ON WHO YOU SHOULD THANK AFTER ALLAH [S.W.T]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words ♡

      Delete
    2. Everything you wrote is like I wrote it myself. Everything you've experienced is what I've experienced with my mother. Sadly I lost my mother just before Christmas 2019; before Coronavirus became to the position it is today. However much as it pains me,she would not have survived living through this virus if she was still alive. I lost my father to Cancer and now my mother. Will the pain of losing both parents ever get easier? I miss them so much .

      Delete
  2. ... but as mentioned above, I pray they are both in a better place Insha'Allah.

    Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

    ReplyDelete

If you have any doubts, please let me know.

Blogger Template by pipdig