🍲 Desi Bhindi (Okra) 🍲

My Desi Bhindi Recipe and a trick to make it in less time.
Very easy recipe for beginners.
First thing to rinse the Okra well and let them dry on their own. Then cut the end bits and chop them in 1 or 2-inches pieces.
A trick to make it in less time
This is my home-made tomato paste for Asian dishes. It can save a lot of time for hard working wives/mothers if your family loves Asian foods. It is also a good idea if you have many of these ingredients in fridge and you know they do not stay fresh for a long time. However you can make it into a paste and freeze them. It is basically like meal prepping. Here is my previous post if you want to read it - Learning Cooking/How to make tomato paste
Heat 2 to 4-tbsp of oil and add the bhindi (okra/lady finger)
Fry or saute Okra in oil till they are less slimy and sticky (you can see slimy threads in  the picture below.
After three to four minutes.
Here I am adding home made tomato paste which has all the dry spices as well.
Stir the mixture well.
Onions and capsicum. Sometime I also add shredded carrots.
When Okra is almost cooked I add onion and capsicum.
Stir the whole mixture well. I cook it for 2-3 minutes.
Garnish with crushed kasuri methi/fresh coriander. Serve with hot chapati (: I forgot to take the picture while serving (opsi he-he) Share your bhindi recipe, would love to try something different x! A ♡ O
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. That bhindi looks mouth watering. My mum makes that for me like all the time. Amazing share Ann will be so helpful for many. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my favourite dish to make and to eat. Yes cannot beat mothers cooking ;) Thank you so much Geet ♡ x!

      Delete
  2. O wow! That is a meal idea for the next week. Your idea of freezing the tomato paste sounds awesome. I'll try that. To save time, buy the bhindis from Tesco. The frozen ones are already cut, either big or small like you used here. Saves a lot of time and tastes equally good as the fresh ones.

    Fatima | www.blogsbyfa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please share your bhindi recipe with me (DM me on twitter) I always look for something different. Trust me, make the paste it is a life easier idea ;) I use to get frozen packs from Asda, to be honest once you defrost them they get more slimy. AAfter that incident, I stopped buying frozen vegetables. I never tried from Tesco, will give a go♡ x!

      Delete

If you have any doubts, please let me know.

Blogger Template by pipdig